A Mother and Her Daughter Create

Join Nermal & Kitty as they share their exploits
learning new ways to express their inner artist.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Hello out there! Happy Valentine's Day! Got special plans today? I won't know what

mine are until tonite. It's warming up a little today after yesterday's "snow" and

freezing temps in the teens & twenties.

Wanted to show you a baby afghan I completed last night.
It was crocheted with donated yarn. A group of ladies at
church get together once a month & knit, crochet, quilt, etc. for indigent mothers and their babies. Our offerings are then combined with tote bags full of diapers, wipes, pacifiers, shampoo, etc. and taken to the local city hospital. The response has been tremendous, both from ladies donating their time & talents and from the new mothers. This program was named "Wee Care" which I think is a great name for this wonderful project.
Have a great day and tell someone that you love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post about your church friends. I think that seems very kind and feel sure your family is lucky to have you. I love your blanket and cant believe you can make such a prize in a night. I will continue to check your blog and keep up with all you gals doings.